Forum de l'organisation lycéenne de Diderot :: Internet service providers: Fiber vs. copper wire

Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent

Auteur Message
kasiratnam
Utilisateur

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Fév - 14:49 (2018) Répondre en citant Back to top

Hi! Since I’m a casual user of technology, I thought I would refer my questions to the "experts." In our area, one of the ISPs put in fiber cable and is now offering Gigabit speeds. However, another ISP is claiming to go to Gigabit speed in the near future and I believe they will be using the same copper cable that they are currently running on now. I’m trying to decide which medium would be better and go with that ISP. My questions are: Does fiber have any advantages over using copper wire?

Would running gigabit speed on copper pose any types of problems/slowdowns that fiber would not? I understand normal slowdowns due to congestion, server response etc. will happen on both mediums. 

Would TV pictures have a higher resolution with fiber than copper? (I previously read where there were limitations with bandwidth and resolution using copper.) Bottom line: what are the advantages and disadvantages of either service? Thanks for your input.

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 13 Fév - 14:49 (2018) Back to top

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent
Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation